My mom decided to have a surprise puppet show for Kaitlan's birthday. She made a stage and then made a fandango puppet that represented each member of our family (the puppets are very accurate portrayals- down to what we wear, even). It was an improv show, so anyone could get up at any time, choose from the selection of puppets and impersonate another family member(s). Well, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to make fun of each other's quirks (as only family members would know) and the skits had us belly laughing so hard we had tears in our eyes. There is a video of the entire thing that I will try to post as soon as I get my hands on it. (These are even better if you enlarge the pictures to see the details)
Here is Steve (note the glasses and spikey hair that comes up in the center!), Ethan and me. Bella is on me under the blanket (wearing a bow, of course).
Then we have Whitney and Louie. Note Whitney's diamond ring and Coach bag (two of her favorite obsessions). Louie is wearing a motor sports tee.
Kaitlan and Taylor. Kaitlan is rocking a retro bohemian shirt and earrings (so Kaitlan) and Taylor is wearing his usual- an American Eagle shirt with Abercrombie shorts (updated to the seasons latest style, of course).
Then we have dad and mom. My dad is wearing a retro flannel shirt that really isn't retro because it actually was purchased in the 80's. And he's still wearing it. No detail was spared, hence the two band-aids on each cheek. Dad has to have non-malignant skin cancer removed so frequently that band-aids have practically become a fixture on his face. So hot, dad. And I gotta laugh at the ginormous shell used for his nose. My mom made these puppets and she didn't hold back!!!
And lastly, The Family Portrait.
Immortalized forever in...paper bag.
3 comments:
ahahahahhah...hold on, let me catch me breath...still laughing...
Oh my goodness that was funny. I love the puppets. Soooo cute!!!! What a fun, creative idea.
Great idea, that would be a good FHE thing to do with our fam.
That is HILARIOUS! I love the detail she put into everyone! I bet you guys had a really great time!
Post a Comment