Good-bye potty chair. Oh sure, you've served us well with your compact size and cushy rubber seat. But, to let the cat out of the bag, I'm just sick of cleaning you. I'm sick of wiping down three separate pieces that pee has dripped through. I'm sick of emptying you into the toilet with arm extended and face and body turned away to avoid the "bounce-back splash". Last night, after I had showered and beautified myself for an outing, I emptied a pee and poo filled bowl into the toilet and got nailed with two large drops in my hair. It's not forever, potty. Bella will be needing you one day. But until then you can stay in the garage. Honestly, I think the separation will be good for us.
And now, a poem:
"How Potties Are Like Mommies"
Oh potty! What relief you bring.
Transporting many odious things,
from little innards to the great bowl of swirling debris.
But potty, it's time to say goodbye,
and though I feel no need to cry,
I must confess you've served us well.
Significant your work may be,
even more significant to me,
for you and I are quite the same.
We both bear stains at any given hour,
of putrid liquids, stale and sour;
gifts from gracious little ones. (Those angels)
Yes, we wear the muck and we wear it well,
while in the trenches we daily dwell,
and yet in gratitude they fail,
with no praises do they hail us.
For back to work it's always been,
when upset tummies start to spin
and inner gears wind up again
and grimaces turn to grunts (oh my goodness, he just blew chunks!)
So question not why I depose thee,
from your bathroom perch quite cozy,
it's nothing but necessity.
For muck and gunk there's plenty 'round,
and if on two it can be found, I'd rather clean just one.
So thank you, potty,
it's been fun.
-Summer

5 comments:
I hear ya. I got rid of ours too and I think the other two are just going to have to use the big toilet. I hate cleaning those things!
Summer you are a crack up!!! Did you really write that "potty" poem???--if you did--you really are verrrryyy talented!!!! I AM SOOO IMPRESSED! You are really one great writer--it's 1:16 AM and I just laughed and laughed--and I woke MIke up--OOOPS! Hey, have you heard if and when your family's coming up to snowy Utah??? Your mom said sometime in February. Let her know we're leaving for So. Calif. Feb 20 for 10 days. . . .Love, Grandma Lou PS Give Bella and Ethan a big hug from all of us!
Summer, you really are so funny. Nice job on the poem. Some how I missed that lovely item, because I didnt' even think about such a thing for her when she was potty training. It sounds like I don't want to ever start it with Jake either! I laughed and laughed about it landing in your hair! GROSS.
Summer...that is hilarious! I agree with my mom...you are very talented if you wrote that poem! Reading that though made me very nervous to start my boys potty training...AHH! How did you make it through that? I'm not excited one bit to have things flying in my hair! Either way, congrats on Ethan's potty gradutation...that is definitely something to celebrate!
And hey, we went private on my blog and I just realized I don't have your email address, so if you could send it to me then I will send you an invite. Thanks!
howell.family4@gmail.com
That is an awesome post. You are a talented writer. That was really funny. I totally feel for you. We washed ours and packed it away last month and are having Evan use the big potty now. So much less hassle! Except for wiping it down, occasionally, of course! Great job Ethan!
Post a Comment