Grandma Reiff (my mom) began conceptualizing an entire line of handmade bows as soon as I told her I was having a girl. Visions of flowers, lace and BLING kept her awake some nights. She was a woman possessed- "all things girl" became her mode of operation. And while I was complaining about how much I hated being pregnant, she was casing specialty stores, stocking supplies and creating a vast empire of hair bow production called "Bella's Bows" (to which my two sisters shortly became slave laborers). I am told that the gears are churning yet again and the line will be branching out to include...bracelets! This may require an even larger workforce. (Perhaps my dad and brother will now be forced, I mean, invited, to participate.) I am glad I live far away (but close enough to receive weekly installments of each new design, of course!!)
4 years ago
3 comments:
Yeah! Summer, I am sooo excited that you have a blog! It will be so fun to keep in touch better and to see what your cute family is up to! It was so fun to finally see pictures of cute Isabella...she is a doll! And tell your mom I LOVE the big bows! Hopefully I too will have a little girl someday so that I can do the same! Well, feel free to check our blog out if you'd like and tell your fam Hi! :)
I can't agree more with Angela. I am SO excited to read your blog. It will be fun to catch up on your life over the past few months. First off, I am so happy for you to be married to a wonderful man, and moving forward with your life. I am just so HAPPY for you. Your little family looks darling. Second, your baby girl is BEAUTIFUL! I must admit the bow's are SO your Mom!! Only, Brenda! I can't wait till we have another girl to recieve such a darling bow! Tell her I will expect one!!! Your Ethan has grown up tall and blonde. He is so handsome. I forget that he and Alayna are the same age! I remember when you lived with your mom, he was such a sweet little guy. This really will be so wonderful to stay connected with your family better. This will beat our mothers typed letters, mailed "snail" mail. At least we are introucing them to instant communication! I'm so glad to hear all went well with your delivery! Good luck on everything!
Bella is beautiful big bow and all!!! Actually, I really love the big bow...it is super cute. Anyways, I am still loving that I get to make comments. Looks like you figured out the blog list too!!! ;)
Post a Comment